International Reunion 2019
Wah Yan International Reunion (“WYIR” and formerly known as Wah Yan International Conference) is one of the important events for Wah Yan alumni across the globe to meet together. The first Wah Yan International Conference ran in 1988 with the theme, Wah Yan Family Around the World. After that, WYIR holds every two years and has the following four key objectives:
- To provide fellowship opportunities between local and overseas Wahyanites
- To allow Wah Yan alumni all over the World to better understand the wellbeing of each other
- To keep alumni informed about both Wah Yan Colleges in Hong Kong and Kowloon
- To explore possible improvements on our Global Link networking
The 16th WYIR will be held in Hong Kong in November 2019 and co-organised by the past student associations of both Wah Yan Hong Kong and Wah Yan Kowloon.
Our Theme in 2019
“Brotherhood Beyond Time” “穿越百年情”.
In celebrating 100th/95th Anniversary of Wah Yan Hong Kong/Kowloon across 2019/2020, we believe that ‘情’ is one of the key elements to hold all Wahyanites together, wherever you stay after graduation.
DAY ONE – Friday, 29th November 2019 (8:30am to 8:30pm, day trip)
Get together and explore GD-HK-Macau Greater Bay Area
- Back to WYK
- Lunch and Dinner in Shenzhen*
- Visit the headquarter of Tencent Holdings 騰訊控股
- Visit Futian district and return to HK by High Speed Train*
- Distinguish Wahyanites to share insights of the GD-HK-Macau Greater Bay Area
* Please make sure that you have valid PRC Entry Permit Card（港澳居民來往內地通行證或俗稱回鄉證）or a valid PRC Travel Visa. We will require a copy of your PRC Entry Permit Card or Passport and PRC Visa to buy High Speed Train tickets in advance.
DAY TWO – Saturday, 30th November 2019 (9:00am to 5:00pm)
International Reunion (Conference and Activities)
- WYHK, WYK, WYHKPSA, WYKPSA and overseas chapters sharing
- Lunch in WYHK
- Visit Jesuit Fathers resting at St. Michael’s Catholic Cemetery, Happy Valley
- Nostalgia spots/memories around Wah Yan Hong Kong campus
- WYIR Mass in WYHK Chapel
DAY THREE – Sunday, 1st December 2019 (6:00pm until late)
Wah Yan 100/95 Anniversary Gala Dinner in Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre
For Registration and Payment Procedures, please click here.
- 2019.06.12 - Armen Ho '93 (International Reunion 2019)
Full Match Schedule and Related Data
- 2019.06.03 - Chiwi Lai '97 (20th Wah Yan League Cup Football Tournament Organizing Committee)
20th Wah Yan League Football Tournament
Registration period for the new season of Wah Yan League Football Tournament is from 27 September to 11 October 2018.
Team captains' meeting will be held on 13 October 2018 at 1400 in Wah Yan College, Kowloon. Room number will be sent to participating teams by separate email.
- Each division will have 11 teams only and in first come first served basis.
- Each participating team MUST have at least one representative in the team captains' meeting.
- HK$13,000 fixed fee (including HK$11,000 enrollment fee plus the HK$2,000 refundable penalty deposit) must be deposited to the bank account of Wah Yan College Kowloon Past Students' Association Limited at HSBC with account number 808-024525-001 and the proof of payment (e.g. bank-in-slip) must be retained, scanned and emailed along with this enrolment application.
- successful application refers to:
- A completed soft copy (i.e. a Microsoft word file) of this enrollment form;
- A scanned copy of the completed enrollment form signed by the Team Captain/Team Manager;
- A scanned copy of the proof of payment (e.g. bank-in slip) mentioned above, and;
- 2018.10.02 - Chiwi Lai '97 (20th Wah Yan League Cup Football Tournament Organizing Committee)
Lunch with WYKPSA
Welcome lunch for our brothers of WYKPSA - we are committed to continuing our bonding and pushing our joint events to a success.
- 2019.05.31 - Willie Cheng '80 (Chairman, WYHKPSA 2018-19)
50th Annual General Meeting
- 2019.06.03 – Ashley Cheng '80 (PSA Honorary Secretary)
Page 2 of 3